Monday, December 6, 2010

Where is my baby?!!!

I just don't know where the time goes. Parker will be turning 5 in the next couple of months and I am just not ready. Five seems so much older than four. I can remember school being so far away and now it is rapidly approaching. I'm not ready to give him up yet. I'm not even sure I am ready to give up the extra noise! He can be such a handful, but he is always making me laugh.
Parker is always measuring his head. In the picture above, he was telling me to quickly take a picture of how big his head is!!! I noticed him in primary oneday moving his hands back and forth from his head to the back of the chair, when questioned why he was doing it, he replied that he was measuring to see if his head would fit through the back of the chair. He dicided not to stick his head through the hole because his "head was way more huge and it would get stuck." I'm glad he dicided to measure first!
A few weeks ago, Parker fell and hurt himself. I offered to kiss it to make it feel better, he looked at me and replied, "Oh mom, that's just an old wives tale." I assured him it was not and that mommy kisses always make it better. I'm definately not ready for this growing up thing!
Today I noticed a piece of paper folded in two with a bunch of tally marks on one side and a few on the other. When I went to throw it away, Parker informed me that it was his and very important. I asked him what it was, thinking he was keeping score of a game, he told me that one side, the side with the most marks, was the bad side and the other side was the good side. He was keeping track of all the nice and naughty things he was doing. He was trying to make it so he did one more nice thing than naughty to stay on the nice list but "it was just so hard! " We sat down together to think of some nice things he could do to counteract the not so nice things. As we were talking he looked up at me and said, "maybe I should just repent, that's probably easier!" I guess he pays more attention in church than I thought! I'm thakful for such a sweet little boy. And even though he is quite the stinker I am thankful for his desire to be good.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Holly, I absolutely love your blog! I am so glad you take the time to record your thoughts, the cute things your sweet kids do and say. And the not so cute things too! You are a great mom, doing a great job!! Keep up the awesome job of being a mom to four very lucky kids, and a wife to one lucky man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I need a good laugh, it's nice to know that I can always come to your blog. Your kids never fail me! (and you have such a great way of telling their stories). Miss you!

    ReplyDelete