Every year the space center offers a free day to all Brevard residents. We met some friends up there and had a blast. Admission on a regular day is ridiculous, thanks Erin for reminding us when the free day was.
Elle watching the Imax movie. Note to self: Parker talks loud (real loud, even louder than the sound of the space shuttle taking off) during a movie. He had a comment or a remark about every part of the movie. He was quite impressed. Hope all the people around did mind his commentary! Nursing a baby in a dark air conditioned room is harder than it sounds, especially when you are trying to get an 18 month old not to run off, or keep her from climbing on the babies head or keep her from ripping the blanket off. Emme feeds off Elle! Holding a 2 1/2 year old and an 18 month old while you nurse shouldn't be too hard! Overall I was impressed that we made it through the whole movie. I never remembered that movie being so long!
Emme and her friend Aubree after the movie.
Parker and Emme playing in the rockets.
Looking inside a replica of the shuttle. It's pretty big inside!
We ended the day playing in the fountains. The kids had so much fun. I was exhausted, it was a long day for me. I had started it extra early so that I could stop at Wal-Mart on the way to get a couple of things. When I got to the space center and went to show them my I.D. I realized I had left it back at Wal-Mart. So back to Wal-Mart who thankfully still had my wallet, then back to the space center. It was about 10 degrees warmer than I would have liked and then rained the last leg of the journey while I was trying to get the kids back to the car! All in all it was fun and I would definitely do it again!

No comments:
Post a Comment